Christian F. Rostbøll
Øster Farigmagsgade 5
1353 København K
Primary fields of research
My research focuses on the following themes within political theory: the justification of democracy, conceptions of freedom, autonomy, respect, freedom of expression, liberalism, republicanism, Kant, neo-Kantianism, Habermas
I am currently working on the possibility of giving a non-instrumental justication of democracy. I defend a freedom argument for democracy that does not entail procedure-independent epistemic standards.
A second project concerns the meaning, use, and value of compromises in politics. I am particularly interested in exploring whether making compromises are required for the democratic legitimacy of political decisions.
- Political Theory and the History of Political Thought
- Kant's Practical Philosophy
- Civil Disobedience
- The Politics of Recognition
- PublishedRostbøll, C. F. 2008 Albany, NY, USA: State University of New York Press. 312 p.
Publication: Research - peer-review › Book
- PublishedRostbøll, C. F. 2009 In : Political Theory. 37, 5, p. 623-648 26 p.
Publication: Research - peer-review › Journal article
- Participant:1 Jan 2014 - 31 Dec 2017